I am co-founder and CTO of DeepStream, a marketplace for energy infrastructure projects. I am currently based in London.
In the last 10 years I have had the chance to work in a large variety of projects for different sectors including FinTech, telecoms, GIS, aquaculture(!) and others. I have written software for both large corporation and startups. I wrote my first program in 1990, aged 12, in GW-BASIC for fun. Since then coding is one of the things that I always do very passionately.
Some of my projects that I'm proud of:
- I'm co-founder of DeepStream
- As a contractor for Egantia Group, I developed a remote monitoring system for mobile phone antenna base stations. It is a web-application where the techninians can monitor and interact will all the cell towers of a mobile phone netwrok. This project has been deployed in production by Cosmote Romania, one of the largest network operator in the country.
- Throughout my 4+ year employment at Krescendo in London, I participated in the development of several web applications for the banking sector, for fleet management and others. The most prominent of those projects is LiveDataset.
- Aquanetix is a startup that helps aquaculture farms cut their costs through improved feeding efficiency. I have build the android app, and helped them launch the web-application.
- I am the developer of the team that built Youtoones, a cartoon web app that gained some awards and managed to get some time on the Greek television.
- NeverLost.gr is an android app for offline maps. It was my pet project for some time.
I have several years of experience on the following technologies:
- Java (J2SE, J2EE, Spring, other web frameworks)
- HTML5, CSS, HTTP
- Databases (MognoDB, MySQL, PostgreSQL)
- Android (native and HTML5)
- REST APIs
- Amazon web services
- GIS and map technologies (OpenLayers, Google Maps, QGIS, osmdroid etc)
- ORM tools (MyBattis, mongoose)
- Unit testing (JUnit)
- Domain Specific Languages
- Eclipse, git, SVN, maven, ant etc
- Linux sys admin
Feel free to contact me at: